Monday, October 17, 2011

I Love This Work!

Dearest family,

Freeeaaakk, I don’t know why but your letters really made me miss you guys this week. I don’t know if it was because half of it talked about volleyball, or if I just miss being with my fam. But don’t worry, I still got my head in the mission. I don’t want to think too much about the end of my mission but I think that would be really sweet if you guys came to pick me up. Our president does allow that and I know that the parents that do come really enjoy it. You’re gonna cry though so just prepare yourself. Anyways...I think that would be awesome. I would recommend going to stay in San Juan del Sur before coming to get me haha. Anyways...we’ll talk more about that in a year.

Listen, I may have a GPS (gallo pinto stomach) and I may not be able to jump to save my life, but just so you know the real champ is gonna be there for the volleyball tournament next year so get ready right now. I’m glad that you guys got to go do that even though I’m jealous.

What’s new in Sandino? Welllllll a bunch of stuff happened this week. I’ll just give you guys the highlights. We baptized 3 people this weekend (one is a lady named Maria who is super awesome, and two kids named Tonio and Kevin (9 and 11). Maria is super humble and loves the gospel so much. Tonio and Kevin are dead set on being missionaries and come from a family of like 20 people. It was an awesome day and we were stoked.

It’s amazing how some people are just ready to hear the gospel. When we went to go visit Kevin and Tonio like 2 weeks ago this guy named Edwin and his wife Mercedes just took out seats and sat down to listen to us without us even saying anything. This week we had a super awesome experience with them. Edwin told us that he’s been smoking for 27 yrs and has tried everything to stop and can’t. His wife is also super addicted to coffee. There was a strong spirit as we talked about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and that through it they could repent of their sins. They went to church this week and loved it. We’re hoping to baptize them at the end of this month.

This week we were out in the boondocks of our area and we passed by a humble tin house. Four little girls waved to us and I felt like we should stop and talk to them. They came running up to us super excited and the littlest one came and hugged my leg. I asked where their parents were, considering that the oldest was like 11. They all said, “in heaven”. They went on to explain that they lived alone in their little house and that their aunt just came to visit and gives them money every now and then for food. They told us that they were members and went before their parents died in an accident. It really touched my heart to see them at church on Sunday with big smiles on their faces, also the fact that they knew where there parents were....and honestly I just felt so much love for them.

Wow this is a lot but anyways...remember when I wrote about Silivia (the woman in a wheelchair that’s super awesome but that just can’t get baptized because she’s not married). Well last night we just stopped by to say hi when she told us that she got an answer to her prayers. Her drunk husband came home on Saturday with lipstick all over his mouth and that she decided it was about time to leave him. She’s gonna get baptized on the 29th!!!!!!!

Anyways...this week has been crazy. There have been a lot of problems with elders in our zone this week and I think I’m learning what its like to be a parent with 14 kids, but I can’t help but love them as I try to help them to be better missionaries. I love this work and I know that this church is true. I miss you guys and pray for you often. BE HAPPY!

Love,

Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment