Saturday, March 10, 2012

Trust in the Lord and His Miracles

Querida familia,

Hey guys!!! Sounds like life is going well for everyone. Mom, I just want to say thanks for all that you do. I think I’m really starting to understand what life for a mom is like. There are days when I find myself thinking...alright in a little while I can rest, but the rest never comes. I’m grateful that the Lord has given me an opportunity to serve. This week, like every other, has been super busy with changes. Things are a little different now in the office. Elder Reyes went home, one of my best friends that I’ve had on the mission, so that was pretty tough. The other Elder Ward went home along with a bunch of other people. It’s starting to hit me that the mission doesn’t last forever and it motivates me to be better every day.
I’ve got a new companion! His name is Elder Santana, and I love the guy! We worked together one day in Masaya and we were on fire that day. He is from Nicaragua, from Leon (a city in the North Mission), and is super nice. He’s really humble and I know that I’ll learn a lot from him. I will miss Elder Talla, but that’s just part of the mission. Elder Santana pretty much scored because we had Christmas in March. THAT’S RIGHT, MY CHRISTMAS PACKAGES CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha, about time right? I think they went around the world like 8 times before coming here. But I loved everything! Thank you guys so much! I think it came late for a reason too. Elder Santana got the package you originally sent for Elder Leiva (a former companion), and he told me that he was so happy because nobody has ever sent him anything on his mission. So, nice thinking mom! I think that made me more happy than getting my own package.
This week we only worked in our area like 2 days this week :(...but the Lord has done miracles in our area and I know that he will continue to do so. With seeing the new missionaries come and the old ones leave, you think a lot about the mission. I’m still amazed by how much these 2 years can influence our lives. I will be eternally grateful for my mission.
A return missionary got interviewed by President Monestel yesterday for his release. He served his mission in Panama and was headed back home to Bluefields (east coast of Nicaragua). It was cool hearing him talk about "Presidente and Hermana Ward" (Uncle Craig and Aunt Lonna). We even got to see some of their mission videos. It sounds like they are having a great mission too! :)
This week we have an activity for the whole mission planned so its gonna be another busy week. I’m learning more to trust in the Lord and his miracles. When we serve and obey he blesses us in ways that we wouldn’t even imagine. The nice thing is knowing that I CAN get everything done and that we will baptize at the same time.
I love you guys a bunch!! Here are some pictures for ya.

Love,

Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment