Monday, December 13, 2010

IT'S GOING TO BE ONE SWEET ADVENTURE!

Que pasa chavalos?!
 
Man, it sure was good to hear from you guys this week. I even started to get a little choked up. It is so strange to think about home. I try not to very much while I'm here and don't have much time to honestly, but it is strange to think about Christmas time there and all that. What really got me though was when you gave me "spiritual advice", I guess you could say.
So...where do I even start. First of all, thanks for your prayers because I definitely do feel them. I have been praying really hard this week as well and things are getting better. There have been times this week where I've had inexplicable joy. Sure, there have been times that are really tough but that is how its going to be for two years. I'm trying to be thankful for these trials and I'm trying to see them as growing experiences.
This week we have three fechas or baptismal dates for this Saturday and we're going to have to work our tails off to make them happen. In every case, they are women that have companions who are less active members and they need to get married. I'm figuring out that this is one of the biggest problems here in Nicaragua. I've thought about our family a lot as we've been talking about the blessings of eternal families and how the gospel blesses our families. It is amazing how many little miracles happen on the mission. Yesterday, for some reason I was really not excited to start the day and was finding it hard to get motivated. I went in to take my bucket shower and realized that there was no water. It was a pretty big bummer but I said a quick prayer asking Heavenly Father if I could at least take a shower that day. The water spout was already turned on and immediately after I ended my prayer, water started coming out. On a larger scale, yesterday we went to one of our investigators homes (one with fecha) and she came up to us and just started breaking down. She went on to explain that her and her companion had just gotten in a fight and we bore testimony to her that the Savior knows her pain and that if she would go to church she would feel the Spirit and His love. Guess what the talks were about in church? Eternal families and how we can have happy marriages. Whoa...
Today has been a pretty sweet p-day. We played futbol at the stake center with our zone. Speaking of my zone, I went on splits with the zone leader and that was definitely and answer to prayers. It gave me a good example of what a good missionary is and now I know what I can do to help my companion. Things are definitely getting better though. Its just so hard when you are teaching so many good people, helping people receive eternal salvation, and then temporal desires get in the way. I'm learning patience though and I'm doing my best to serve and love my companion.
I love Nicaragua. The people here are amazing. I love the food (for right now). Spanish is tough but I'm understanding more and more every day. I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of things and I love the mission. I'm so excited that its just starting too because I know that it's going to be one sweet adventure.
As far as birthday stuff mom, I'm not sure what I would want. Its kind of hard to ask for anything after living amongst the Nicans. By the way, forgot to mention that I got the Christmas packages when I got here. The first thing the AP said to me in the airport was, "Elder Ward...you little poop. We have three packages waiting for you already..." I guess there is another Ward in the mission and they originally took them to him. He was pretty bummed. But thanks so much for the packages! I love the tree and everything else in it (that I could open). The only thing I could think of that you could send would maybe be like a memory stick that I can put pictures on. I have no idea what else, but I'm not too hard to please.
Oh, and if you could send me e-mails of Joey, Travis, and whoever else that would be great because I don't have them.
Well, I love you guys so much. I wasn't planning on writing this long of a letter, but you guys truly mean the most to me. I miss you, but its ok because I have my own families in Nicaragua. I want them to have the same love and happiness that we have in ours. Glad to hear that you're all doing well and having fun. This week give someone a spiritual Christmas gift (invitation, BOM, you name it).
 
Love much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Trevor Ward
 
PS- I get to call you guys on the 24th or 25th (my choice) but I'm not sure what time yet. They talked about it in Spanish in the zone conference, so not completely sure how that will work. I think I might just have to go to a cyber or something and call but I'll let you know about that.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment