Monday, December 27, 2010

They truly are modern day pioneers!

!¿Sup CHELES (white people)¿¡

Well first of all, I just want to say that it was amazing talking to you guys on Christmas. I really do feel like it was only 5 minutes, but I feel really good about staying within the alotted 40 minutes that we had. I think that only made the feelings from the phone call better.
Man, I'm such a baby! I seriously get so choked up every time I talk or write to you guys. I don't even know why but I think that I can just feel how much love you guys have for me, and its so comforting to know that I have family back home cheering me on. Mom and Dad thanks so much for your thoughts. You have always helped me in my hard times and just so you know you're the best parents I could ask for. I'm so glad that you've taught me well so that I can better endure the struggles of a mission.
So this week was a great one. It was definitely a tough one like I said before, but I'm learning so much. My first priority investigator is still my companion. I take great comfort in knowing that he is my companion for a reason and I hope that I can help him be a better missionary. At first I thought he's not much of a trainer, but we can learn something from everyone. I'm definitely learning a lot with Elder Rosa.
Christmas was pretty neat here. Two young couples in our ward had a wedding at the chapel and they bore beautiful testimonies to all of their non-member friends and family that were there. My companion and I and the other two missionaries in the area next to us came, and we contacted just about everyone there. It was a sweet way to spend Christmas night. We almost had a marriage of two investigators too, but it turns out that we're going to have a marriage and baptism this next weekend. Woo hoo!
Yesterday we went to a recent convert's house, Elizabeth, who is just so awesome. Its been a year since her baptism but she wasn't planning on going to the temple this trip because its such a big sacrifice to leave work and her little girl for 5 days. We talked to her about it and the Spirit was so strong. It was so humbling to walk up to the chapel carrying Elizabeth's bag and to see all the members with their sleeping bags and suitcases ready to make the 18 hour journey to the temple. They truly are modern day pioneers. If they can do that, the mission doesn't seem as hard.
Today we went to Managua because Elder Rosa had to get his ID. I had a Big Mac and it was so freakin goood! I'm pretty sure they make McDonalds better here. It was kinda weird that we went to Metro Centro which is like a big mall.
Anyways things are still tough and I'm not seeing tons of success right now, but I know that the Lord has great things in store for me and the people of Nicaragua if I continue to work hard and be obedient.
Oh and mom, I can't really think of anything else I would want for my birthday. For sure a new backpack though would be great. Maybe more candy, maybe a usb drive for pics and stuff. And so far, I only received letters from Aubrey, Brother Smith, and Aunt Lindsay. Tell them thanks by the way and I'll write when I get a chance! I don't think I will get letters next until January 12th or 13th.
Anyways love you guys so much and keep it real!!!
Love,
Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment