Monday, January 3, 2011

Big news...take a seat, cook up some popcorn, gather round the computer monitor!

¡Oi Cheles¡ (what´s up white people?)

Wowwww. This letter is going to blow your mind! What I have to say first and foremost is that I'm becoming more and more aware every day of just how well our Heavenly Father knows us and how much he cares about us. So here comes the flood of random thoughts.
Happy New Years! Mine was pretty good. It was exciting to see all the people excited about the coming of the new year. It's kind of sweet how you can relate the gospel to just about everything. We talked to a lot of people about how with a new year we have new goals such as going to church, getting married, stop drinking, all that good stuff.:) To be honest though, it was kind of weird sleeping through midnight. I woke up to the war going on outside my window (fireworks, by the way thats super wicked awesome that fireworks are legal in Gilbert now...probably should send some from here because they only have sissy fireworks there). Anyways woke up to those at midnight and my companion wasn't in his bed, so that was kind of a little sketchy. Turns out he was in front celebrating.
This week was a little bit tough but good. There was one day where I just tried to love the heck out of Elder Rosa and to not criticize him at all and we actually had a semi-productive day. A couple days before I had lost my patience after we spent about an hour and a half in this woman's house just chillin after I told him a bunch of times we have to go. I learned something really important this week and it actually came to me while teaching an investigator. She is a potential baptism and the husband is a less active member. Mayory really wants to get married and baptized but they're having troubles in their relationship. We were talking to her about forgiveness because in a previous lesson he had asked for her forgiveness for some things that he had said, but she kind of shook it off. I told her that Christ told us to forgive people 70 times 7 (or some number like that). Anyways...we should always be patient with people and always give them a chance to take advantage of the Atonement or else they will never change. Its pretty cool how much you learn when youre teaching other people.
We had 3 families at church this week along with a lot of less active recent converts. The testimony meeting was powerful as all the members got up and bore their testimonies about the temple. Also an Elder that had served here previously, named Elder Strong, and had already finished his mission came to visit with his family. He translated for his mom as she bore her testimony and said how grateful she was for the people of Nicaragua and their testimonies and for taking care of her son. I know that you would say the same thing mom, and I'm not gonna lie, I definitely wanted to cry but I didn't because I'm not a baby.
Well...here comes the big news. So take a seat, cook up some popcorn, gather around the computer monitor. No jk...but really. This Sunday I definitely felt your prayers and the power of your fasting mom and dad. Thank you so much for that. Anyways, its interesting how the Lord answers our prayers. I fasted for our investigators that we might be able to have a baptism soon and also for Elder Rosa that he would have desires to work. Last night we got a call from the zone leaders who told us that we would be having emergency changes. This rarely happens, and unfortunately it is usually when an elder needs lots of help. So...I have a new companion!!!!  His hame is Elder Rodriguez and I already love the guy. He was a zone leader in Masaya and was a little confused this morning why he had to get transferred because he had only been in his last area for a month. As I began to describe how things were with my companion and everything, he totally just accepted it. I could tell that he was a little bummed because he was just starting to love his new area, but he was so accepting of the Lord's will. He seems like a really hard worker and is just an awesome guy. He's from Guatemala and has 18 months in the mission. I also learned that after we have suffered and learned what we needed to learn (because I literally feel like I learned what I needed to learn this whole month up until yesterday) the Lord blesses us with success. I'm so excited to get to work with him and to be able to just worry about the people and the work. Nuts...I know!
Well...I really don't know what else to write but I hope that you guys are all doing way awesome. I love you a bunch and make good goals for this new year. As you include the Lord more in your life this year He will bless you so much. Think of something that would be really tough to do (with a purpose of course) and do it!!!

LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment