Monday, January 17, 2011

My first baptism!

My First Baptism


Querido familia,

Sup guys?! It’s me again, Elder Ward. Like always, I never know what to write to you guys because I always have to organize my thoughts. But, it’s good to hear about how everyone is doing at home. Connor way to go getting your Eagle man and happy birthday! Sorry that I forgot to tell you earlier.  I wasn’t even thinking about it last Monday because it was a few days before your birthday. Also, don’t worry about Coach Vee. She’s intense. Seriously, all I know is that volleyball was way sweet, but it isn’t life if you decide not to do it.
Haha, man I miss all you guys. Whenever I see little kids here, I’m always reminded of Ava. She really is a unique one and I miss her to death. Tell her I said hi and that I love her. Honestly, I love all you guys a bunch and miss you, but it’s a good kind of miss you guys.
So...this week.  Right now I’m attempting to send some pictures, but I don’t know how it will work out. It’s kind of slow, so unfortunately, I don’t think I can send very many.  This week we worked our butts off!  The highlight was definitely that I had my first baptism this week!  It was such an awesome day and it makes me want to work even harder so that we can baptize even more people and more families. I attached a picture of the woman I baptized, Mariella Chavarria. The famila Chavaria is a way special family.  I think I told you about Hermana Elizabeth who was deciding whether or not she was going to go to the temple because it’s such a big sacrifice (recent convert). Well, she ended up going, and the cool thing is that Elder Rosa and I told her earlier that the Lord would bless her whole family if she went. Mariella is her sister and we’re planning on baptizing the whole family pretty soon.
AHHH gosh, I want to tell you guys about every person that we’re teaching but I don’t have a ton of time. We’re also teaching another family, la familia Vegas.  They are pretty old (about 70ish years old), but they’re the nicest old people ever. We had a super awesome lesson with them this week where we talked about the temple and how their family can be sealed forever in the temple. Their kids are members too, and we talked with one of their daughters last night that lives here.  She is so excited! This week my testimony of eternal families grew quite a bit.  I know without a doubt that our families are what bring us the most joy in this life, and I’m so glad that we have eternal families.
Ah man, I don’t even know what else. Thank you to everyone for your letters and Christmas cards and things like that. I will do my best to write you back, but just know that I love you all and thanks for your support!
Also mom or dad, please thank grandma and grandpa for me for my birthday check.  I think that I might use that $250 to help pay for the temple trip of this awesome family of recent converts that is going to be translated soon. I also want to help the family of the sister that cooks and cleans for us, but I don’t know how receptive they will be.  Who knows...anyways...this letter is super jumbled and random.
But.....I’m really starting to develop a great love for the people of Nicaragua. My testimony grows every single day and it’s amazing what the Lord can do to heal the lives of every person on this earth.  There is so much more to write but that is the most important thing.

I love you guys a bunch and hope you’re all doing well. Just know that we are all so blessed. Keep it real in the US of A.

Con Mucho Amor

Elder Rodriguez and Elder Ward
Elder WARD

No comments:

Post a Comment