Monday, September 26, 2011

I am now in Ciudad Sandino

September 26, 2011

Hey fam!

Man, a lot sure is going on at home. I’m super stoked for my little bro and that he’s gonna get his mission call. I’m also excited for all of the great things that everyone is doing. I hate to say it but this letter might be kinda short. I think sometimes the hump days are some of the hardest. I’ll start with the bad news and then give you the good. We went to go play soccer early in the morning and I really wasn’t feeling well. I’ve thrown up about 4 times today, have diarrhea, a fever that got up to 103.7 and just feel like crap. So, I’m here writing you from a member’s computer so you guys don’t worry too much.

I feel like the Lord is really testing me and giving me opportunities to learn and grow. To answer your question dad, it was really difficult saying goodbye to everyone, especially Anabel and Milton. We all cried together and they thanked me for all that I had done for them and their relationship`. Anyways...here I am now in a place called Ciudad Sandino. I love it here and we’ve got lots of potential to baptize here......well something interesting just happened. I threw up and had diarrhea at the same time. NOT fun! Anyways the members here are way pilas (helpful?) and we’re teaching some cool people. The thing that is nuts though is that they took out both of the elders that were here before so we’re still a little bit lost.

My comp is Elder Leiva from Guatemala. He’s a super good missionary and works really hard. With respect to my new assignment, I’m zone leader 1 now which basically means that everything falls upon my head if things aren’t going well haha. Anyways...it’s been tough because I hardly know anyone in the zone and it seems like there are a bunch of missionaries that aren’t as obedient. I actually did divisions with Elder Rosa (my trainer) which was pretty cool...but I’m sure the Lord will teach me a lot this change, even if it’s by trials.

I’d love to write more, but I’m gonna go be sick some more. I’m super duper stoked for you though Con man.  My comp thinks you are going to Los Angeles, California, and I think that you’re going to Guatemala...well that’s kind of what I hope because missions in Central America are the best. Anyways....sorry this letter is so lame. I’ll give you a better update next week and don’t worry about me too much because the Lord has me in good hands.

Love you a bunch and enjoy conference this weekend!

Love,

Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment