Monday, September 5, 2011

THEY KNOW NOT WHERE TO FIND IT

Hey fam!!!

How’s it goin guys? I’m super jealous that you guys are in California playing volleyball, going to the beach, and all that stuff. We played soccer today against a bunch of the Nica kids and my whole body hurts, haha! I guess I’ll tell you guys a little bit about my week.

On Tuesday we had a meeting for all of the zone leaders. It was pretty sweet because President took us up to this mountain and we had the meeting there. We ate a really fancy lunch and he gave us time to go walk around in the woods/jungle. It was nice to get away for a little bit.  This week I’ve been thinking a lot about what we need to do to change our results as a zone and in our area. One thing that I kept feeling and thinking is that the Lord is preparing people for us to teach and baptize and that we just need to find them. My testimony, that people are just ¨kept from the truth because they know not where to find it¨, grew this week. One day we were looking for a referral that someone gave and after getting like 3 different directions we ended up talking to a lady that was mending clothes in front of her house. She told us that she had gone to church like 6 times and had read the whole Book of Mormon and that she has friends that are members. We were like… why did this lady not get baptized?!?!?! Also, one of the members gave us a referral of a family where only the wife is a member and they really want to get married and the husband wants to get baptized. I know that the Lord loves His children and wants all of them to know that Jesus Christ is their Savior. Are you guys looking for His sons and daughters that he’s preparing? Jesus Christ asked Pedro three times, “Peter, do you love me?”, and I think like any of us would answer, “yes, yes I love you Lord”, but the Lord goes on to say “feed my sheep”. If we truly love the Lord, we should always be looking to feed His sheep. In other words, be missionaries! Invite someone to FHE, to church, bring them an Ensign, invite them to watch a church movie, do something more.

Anyways...I’ll get off my soap box now. I just know that our family will be blessed even more if we do those things. I’m trying to think if there’s anything else.....I GOT MY PACKAGES!!!! Thanks big time mom. I got the debit card, all the candy and stuff, and one shoe. Aubrey and Ava look super different in the pictures! Haha…hopefully the other shoe comes pretty soon.

Anyways, I miss you guys a bunch and I’m glad that you’re doing well. Sorry that this letter is so boring. Hopefully I’ll have some better stuff to write next week. Love you all!

Love,

Elder Ward
P.S.  Right now we have a ridiculous amount of people that have gone to church and are progressing that just need to get baptized, so I know that this will be a good month.

No comments:

Post a Comment