Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm a Disciple of Jesus Christ

Hey fam!!!!

Man, you guys had a lot goin on this week! It was good to hear from you, like always. Connor, congrats for receiving el Sacerdocio de Melquisedec. Just remember the quote from Spiderman, ¨with great power comes great responsibility.¨ It truly is a blessing to hold the very same power that Jesus Christ used to create innumerable universes and that God himself used to create us. That power is one of the very key things that makes our church the true one. That’s awesome that you went to the temple and stuff too. I wish I could’ve gone with you guys.

Today I’ve got 11 months in the mission. Almost done! haha jk. This week was a good one. I stopped my pointless whining and realized that no matter what the circumstances are, I’m a disciple of Jesus Christ and will keep serving Him. On Tuesday night we opened up the church and shared a ten minute message with a whole bunch of young kids and then they played soccer. I think we’re going to play with them tomorrow.

This week my testimony of the Book of Mormon was strengthened quite a bit. Unfortunately one of the families we are teaching (Denis and Yira, the soccer player and his wife) read just about all the material you can find about anti-mormonism. Right when we sat down they fired off accusations about Joseph Smith, polygamy, the Book of Mormon, garments, the temple, they even said that we worship idols because we have a pure gold Angel Moroni on one of our temples. I thought, wowwww...I’m gonna have to talk about all this stuff?!?! But I thought for a second, and the Spirit told me what to say. “Listen, I could answer every one of those questions that you have, OR I can ask you one question that will resolve all your doubts...have you prayed to ask that the Book of Mormon is true?” They couldn’t really say anything from there, because really if the Book of Mormon is true, then everything that we believe in is too. I love that book!  It really does have all the answers.

Yesterday Milton showed up to church with a white shirt and tie and a smile on his face. It was pretty awesome to see that. He already had his interview to receive the priesthood yesterday. This week we went to go teach a family that is super humble and awesome. That didn’t even have chairs to offer us, and as we sat there in the dirt talking about eternal families there was a sweet spirit. There’s nothing more rich than knowing that we can live together with our families and with our Heavenly Father again.

A new month is starting and we’ve got a lot of hope for September. We’re teaching lots of awesome people and we’re going at it with even more motivation after the things we’ve suffered lately. Thank you, guys, for being examples to me and for your words of encouragement. I miss you guys a bunch and love you a bunch too!

Love,

Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment