Monday, August 8, 2011

The Lord Always Fulfills His Promises


Heyyyy Pipi´s!

Hey, how’s it goin? It sounds like it’s been a good week. Hahaha I could just feel the love that mom has for the new cats. Connor I think it might’ve been better if you brought a child molester home. I’m sorry, mom, that you feel that way about those poor creations of our Heavenly Father, but its alright. Hopefully they’ll go to heaven after getting eaten by the owls.

Anyways, the adventure of the mission continues. Changes are already here again on Wednesday and I’m staying here and so is my comp, so nothing too exciting. I honestly can’t believe how fast this change has gone. Unfortunately, the families that we were teaching ended up not progressing. Honestly, it’s a bummer that we didn’t baptize this change, but now I’m at peace. I know that the Lord wanted ME to learn something, so that I would be more converted. I think if I understand one thing a little better, it’s the Atonement of Jesus Christ.


At 8:30 PM Friday night we went to go talk to Anabel and Milton as a last effort to baptize them this Saturday. Only Milton was awake and no matter what we said he just kept saying no, even though he understood what he should do. As we were teaching I remembered something that I think I learned in a seminary class a while ago. I took out a small pack of Oreos and asked Elder Muzo (other missionary we were on divisions with) if he wanted one. He said yes so I said, “well, I’m gonna have to pay the price.” I got down in the dirt and did about 15 pushups. Coming back up out of breath, I turn to Milton and ask if he wanted one. He said no, because you’ll have to do more pushups. I quickly replied, “well here it is just in case you want it later”, and then struggled to do 15 more (yes, I’m fatter now). We then explained that that is how it is with the Atonement. Jesus Christ already suffered for us, more than we can even imagine. He already did the pushups, and we are the ones that choose if we want to repent and experience the joy that comes from eating the cookie. After all that, he just said no straight up. Coming back to the house I was pretty bummed, not because we wouldn’t have a baptism, but because I think I felt a small portion of the sadness that Christ feels when we don’t repent and don’t take advantage of His Atonement. I really can’t put in words all that I’ve learned this change, but I’m so thankful for what the Savior did for us and I know that I will be a better missionary and person for what I’ve learned.

Well...the Lord always fulfills his promises. We suffered with patience, and now He´s starting to bless us. We had 6 people in church this Sunday and two of them were families so we were stoked about that. The Lord is starting to perform miracles in our area now and we’re working harder than we ever have. We had interviews with President this week which was pretty cool too. This month on the 20th they’re showing the dedication for the temple in El Salvador, which is basically the temple for everyone here, so that’ll be cool. Today we got permission to watch the movie ¨Cars 2¨ and ate funnel cake and tacos. Anywayssss….that’s pretty much it for this week. Love you guys a bunch and miss you!

Love,

Elder Ward
 


Zona Corazo

The food causing the fatness





No comments:

Post a Comment