Monday, November 14, 2011

MARIO AND JUNIETH GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!



Elder Ward and Elder Leiva

Dear family,

Man, this was such an awesome week! For me and for you guys. Mom and Dad, I’m glad that you guys enjoyed your trip, not that I’m trunky or anything but I’m already thinking of some of the fun things I want you guys to experience in Nicaragua...eating cow heart (had it this week, and didn’t like it), getting cool rashes (which got worse this week but now I’m taking these pills that the mission nurse told me to take), and other cool stuff. Haha. By the way, Collin, that’s dumb that BJ said that... I’m sure that you’re an awesome setter. Just know that it couldn’t have ended worst than my championship game did when I got hit in the face on an overpass.... You’ll get over it… its just volleyball.

This week was full of victories...one night this week we were coming home (the 4 of us) when the kids on our street were like, “Hey chele, lets play futbol!” and I thought...nahh, we need to plan, but we agreed anyway. Long story short, we killed ‘em 5 to 3 and the WHOLE street came out to watch. Everyone was like, hey the Mormons are playing soccer!!!! The best was that we had agreed that the team who lost had to do pushups in the middle of the street. All of the neighbors counted as they did their pushups and it was a good time.


Mario and Junieth's Baptism
 MARIO AND JUNIETH GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! Honestly, it truly is amazing to see how the power of the Atonement can change people’s lives. Mario used to fight with his wife all the time, hardly ever smiled, didn’t ever look up at us to talk to us, and just wasn’t a very happy person. All I know is that he pretty much had an Alma the Younger conversion. He used to be a gang member and President Monestel had to come interview him, so I imagine that he had some pretty heavy repenting to do. It brought so much joy being able to see his face when he walked out of the interview and President said that yes he could be baptized.  It’s amazing because there is a different light about them both now, and they have changed completely. The cool thing is that Junieth asked him (President Monestel) if he would be there for their baptism and he said that he would be busy. About 20 minutes before the baptism he texted us saying that he was coming so it was cool that he came too.

I’m really starting to love this area...the members, our investigators, our recent converts, the other missionaries...to answer your question, Dad, unfortunately we haven’t been able to visit Edwin and Mercedes much because they’ve been sick but we’re hoping to be able to this week.

I realized how much I miss volleyball this week. I don’t think I had even touched a volleyball up until this week. A bunch of little girls were playing in front of where we eat so I taught them how to play. We got up to 24 hits with them! But it’s worth it to be here as one of the Lord’s missionaries in Nicaragua. Anyways, miss you guys a bunch and I love you so much!!!!! I’ll keep praying for you and you keep praying for me :)

Love,

Elder Ward
Mario and Junieth's Wedding

PS. Mom, I thought of a few things I might like.
-the memory that you sent me is full so maybe another memory stick thing
-outdoor volleyball for P Days
-stuff i said before like underwear, ties, socks
-memory card for camera (if it’s not too expensive)
-pair of shorts (like volleyball shorts)
-another journal
-I know that whatever you send will be good



No comments:

Post a Comment