Saturday, January 21, 2012

Do you know who you are?

Dearest Family,

I think it might be safe to say that this has been one of the most spiritual weeks that our whole family will ever have. I don’t know how much time I will have to write because I’m going to focus most of my time on writing to Dad’s young men, but here it goes.

Welp, Connor is now Elder Ward II huh? It’s kinda crazy hearing about you guys doing the exact same thing that you did with me and it makes me think about just how much I’ve changed since then. I’m super excited for Connor and I know that he will be an awesome missionary.

This week was tremendo.  As always, I’ve got a lot to tell and little time to do it.  The beginning of the week was super busy because we had to get everything ready for 3 days of back to back conferences. I had an awesome experience though when I was at the bank one day.  This lady, probably in her 40´s, came up to me and asked if we were the Mormons.  I began to explain to her what the real name of the church was and she said, "can you come over here and talk to me for a little bit?" It was kind of a surprise, considering that we were waiting in line at the bank.  So we went over to talk to her and she began to explain that she had had a lot of really tough times in her life and that she felt like she was losing her faith in God.  It was a really spiritual experience because I could really feel for her and it felt so good to be able to tell her that Jesus Christ understood what she was going through and that He truly lives.  We kept talking right there in the bank and she said, ¨I sometimes wonder if the best option would just be to take my own life."  That really got to me...The Spirit came pretty strongly then and a question came clearly to my mind.  I asked: "Do you know who you are?" She began to explain that she had had lots of success in her life, but I cut her off and said...”let me help you answer that question...you are a daughter of God.”  Then the nicely dressed woman, with her work portfolio, began to cry behind her sunglasses.  Then the people that she was with came and she had to go.  I promised that we would send missionaries to her house.  Sounds kinda like a movie or something huh?  But honestly, I thought a lot about that question this week and I’ve come to feel more and more that I am a child of God and that He has a plan for me.

I think I forgot to tell you guys this, but Elder Nelson came on Wednesday to have a conference with us. It was such an awesome talk! It was cool too because it was combined with the north mission and I got to see my friend, Elder Whatcott, who went to Highland High.  What else...I got pulled over by a cop this week for doing an illegal u-turn supposedly.  They basically can’t do anything though because we aren’t from Nicaragua.  Cool huh?

Anyways, I gotta go already but I love you guys!  Mom, sadly enough, I still haven’t gotten any of my packages...but oh well.  Hopefully they come some time.  Dad, I attached the letters for the young men above.  I hope that you don’t have a hard time translating them.  I’m keeping you guys in my prayers. :)

Love,

Elder Ward

1 comment: