Saturday, February 25, 2012

I Love Preaching the Gospel

Dear Mom,
Haha, I guess it’s just “dear mom” this week... [Dad was on a hike with the priests and didn’t send his letter in time.] Well, there’s nothing wrong with that. That WWWW [Wild Ward Women Weekend-where Mom was with her mother- and sisters-in-law] is a pretty strong tradition isnt it? Well, tell everyone there that I said hi. It’s kind of weird because I remember the last time that you wrote me when you were doing that whole shindig. Time is flying. Comin up on 17 months in 5 days.
I think that this week may have been the most tiring week of my mission. There were just so many things to do this week in the office. This week I think I realized how much I really love preaching the gospel and how much I love being with our investigators. Just about every day this week we had appointments that fell through due to things that we have to do in the office, and every time that it did I was pretty bummed. Yesterday was especially difficult. I had about a million things to do at the same time and the system we use to print checks wasn’t working which means I didn’t have any money...I stressed out quite a bit, but somehow I got it all taken care of. Haha, speaking of that picture where I fell asleep praying, last night I fell asleep at 9:30. Anyways...I’m learning to have patience, and trust in the Lord even more. I’m starting to develop a love for doing service. This week President wanted me to help his daughter with her homework, an essay that she wrote in English. Before I might’ve thought...why would I waste my time with that when I have investigators to teach and things to do in the office still? But I happily agreed and felt that it was a joy to be able to serve such an awesome person and his family.
This week a miracle occured. We thought that Jaime and Juana had all of their papers for their divorce but it turns out that they were missing one. They got pretty disanimated and the husband said that he didn’t want to get baptized anymore. I think we got pretty disanimated too...knowing that the other papers had taken a month to come out. Nevertheless, we prayed fervently that they could get baptized this Saturday...and what do you know ...they’re getting baptized today! We’re super stoked about it and so are they. I swear that the husband is going to be a bishop one day, and the wife the relief society president. They have such a strong testimony. For example, Jaime said that he was completely against getting married but he said that he would do it just because he knew it was a commandment of God. I think that’s the attitude that we should all have.
To be honest with you, that’s all I have to write for now. Sorry that it’s so boring. I can’t believe that Travis is coming home this week. Tell him that I said hi and to write me when he gets the chance. Love all of you guys!!!!!
Love,
Trevor (Elder Ward)

No comments:

Post a Comment