Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Love Nicaragua


¿Como están? Yo estoy barbaro. This week I learned that if you’ve got pink eye, or anything wrong with your eyes for that case, that there are lots of interesting remedies. I don’t know if I’ve ever told you about the great remedies of Nicaragua, but they’re nuts. Elder Santana has something wrong with his eye so it gets all swollen and pink and everyone has been giving him remedies: 1. Catch a cat and rub its tail in your eyes (this seemed to be the universal solution). 2. (Sorry if this offends someone) Have breast milk sprayed in your eye. 3. Stop looking at dogs pooping because that’s how eye problems are caused. Not even kidding. I love Nicaragua.

Now that I got that out of the way...Collin, nice work in V ball dude! I wish I could be there to see your skills. Next year I’ll be at the tournament :) Also, that’s super surprising and super awesome that Carley Wells got her mission call. By the way, there aren’t really any restrictions on writing to girls that live outside of the mission boundaries so I’m good. And with the chickens...save ‘em until they git bigger and we can have a real nice dinner when I get home.

President and Hermana Monestel had a capacitation this week in Guatemala. It was funny because Hermana Monestel called me and asked who my dad was. I was like...why does she want to know that? She then explained that she had told President and Sister Ward (Mission president in Panama) that they had a relative in the mission. From what I hear, they’re doing really well and they’re "very happy people.” To answer your question, I didn’t have changes this week. I’m still here goin’ strong as the financier and I have a feeling that I’ll be here for one change more and then I’ll train a new financier for about 3 weeks. Dad, I REALLY want to train a greenie but we’ll see what happens because usually the financier leaves in the middle of the change because he has to train a new financier.

This week was awesome. Changes went smooth just because I’ve got everything down now. Remember that family I told you about? Well, they’re getting married and baptized this upcoming Saturday! We’re super stoked for them and love them a ton. Norma and Ruth’s baptism was awesome as well. We had quite a few members show up and Hermana Norma gave a powerful testimony at the end. She said that she KNEW that the church was true and went on to bear testimony of the Plan of Salvation, which means a lot because her son just passed away. She said that her dream is that all of her remaining 11 kids get baptized and I knew that will come true. At least three of them will be baptized this week along with one of her grandkids. That’s why being a missionary is awesome.

I got my "Trunky Paper" this week that talks about my departure. I can’t believe how fast the mission goes by. Love you guys a whole bunch and keep being happy.

Love,

Elder Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment