Monday, August 6, 2012

CHANGES!!

Hey!

I know this probably seems really weird that you have an e-mail from your missionary son on a Monday afternoon. Well, the unthinkable happened. I had changes! It basically just came out of nowhere. I was about to go to bed on Saturday night when the two APs, Elder Payne and Elder Cabrera come running into the room yelling, "Dude! It’s what we’ve all been waiting for!" I was super confused. They went on to show me a text message from President that said I would have changes the next day (on Sunday). I honestly didn’t believe it. I didn’t think it would be so hard to leave that area. On Sunday morning, I spent time saying goodbye to all of the amazing people that had changed my life in one way or another. I don’t think I could have asked for a better farewell because I was leaving right after sacrament meeting and it was fast and testimony meeting. The tears started coming as I looked out over the congregation and saw the faces of many of the people that I could baptize as I bore my last testimony to them. I felt so happy and so blessed for the opportunity that I had had to be there, but most of all I just felt a deep love for them and for the gospel.

And now....I’M IN GRANADA!!!!!!!!!! Seriously if there was one zone that I wanted to come to before my mission ended, it was this one. Granada is super beautiful. My companion’s name is Elder Chacaj from Guatemala. He’s a short, quiet, hard-working, happy missionary and I already love him. I’ve got a lot of adapting to do though. 1. It’s much hotter than an air-conditioned car or office. 2. No more McDonald’s every day. 3. Working the WHOLE day. 4. Not having any assignment like district leader, zone leader, etc. 5. Not living in a house with eight people. Honestly though, it’s all worth it. I’m so excited to just be able to focus on baptizing a ton of families for the last two months of my mission. Well, don’t really have much more to write, but you guys can write me on Monday next week, just a heads-up. This is Christ’s true church and it is the only way to have true happiness in this life.

Love,

Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment