Monday, September 10, 2012

It's Gonna Be Really Hard to Leave This Place!

Dear Familia,

Hola mi querida madre! Parece que has estado practicando tu español para venir a Nicaragua. Esooo!! (Hi, my dear mother. It appears that you have been practicing your Spanish so that you can come to Nicaragua.) I can’t believe I made it out alive of that crazy earthquake this week! JK...There was an earthquake this week but as far as I know nobody was harmed. They evacuated a lot of people because of a tsunami alert in Puerto Sandino but other than that it wasn’t a huge deal. It was nuts though. I was sitting their studying when I started to feel really dizzy. I realized that I wasn’t dizzy but the whole house was swaying back and forth!!!! Also, we haven’t been affected by the volcano erupting but there is a lot of talk about it.

To answer your questions:

1. The North Mission office is pretty close to where we will be so it really wouldn’t be a problem to drop those things off.

2. I feel like those things are perfect to bring. I was thinking that maybe you guys could bring some old white shirts as well if you’ve got any that no one is using.

3. As for me...my shirts are destroyed except for like 3 so maybe just like one white shirt to wear home...I really don’t need much though I’m going home...haha

4. I think that you and dad would really like Ometepe. You can take a car over on the ferry for pretty cheap. I really had fun there. There are museums, nature hike type things, I think there are kayak tours, and it’s just a cool place to be.

This week the Lord truly has done miracles in our area. Dad, you’re quote pretty much sums it all up. We’ve been being obedient and working hard so I think he had to bless us some time or another. We’re teaching a family named Armando and Angela who are super awesome. Armando is very humble and really, really wants to be baptized. He loves everything that we teach him and says that he feels like his life is changing. Angela was a Jehovah’s Witness for about 20 yrs. She listens intently when we come and I think she is slowly realizing that all the terrible things she’s heard about our church aren’t true. She has a lot of strong roots from her other church but we’re leaving it up to the Book of Mormon to help her find out the church is true. They went to church on Sunday!

Remember Ana, the girl we walked back to go contact? Well, her companion’s name is Adonis and it turns out that he went to church when he was 15 and was almost baptized. The first night we taught them together they accepted a baptismal date for the 29th and are so freakin awesome! They have such a strong desire to have a happy family and last night when we were teaching them they said, "When we get baptized we have to get married before right?" So they’re pretty much good to go. We’re having FHE in a member’s house with them tonight.

So many awesome things...I’ve felt so happy this week just knowing that we’re doing the Lord’s work and helping people come unto Christ. I think it’s gonna be really tough to leave this place behind. But in the mean time...I’ve got about 3 1/2 more weeks to go and we’ve got some people to baptize! :)

I can’t say it enough but I love our Savior and His gospel. By the way, thanks for the pics. They’re hilarious. I love you guys and don’t get too trunky! :)

 

Love,

 

Elder Ward

 

No comments:

Post a Comment