Monday, March 14, 2011

Chook Noris!

March 14, 2011
Elder Ward & Elder Rodriquez (Go Lakers!)
Suppp,

Well, it’s been another crazy week in the magical land of Nicaragua. Man, it sure is weird to think about volleyball, grandma and grandpa Ward’s house, all that stuff. When you’re on a mission you get so sucked in to everything that goes on here, but really it’s a good thing.
First things first, Aubrey sorry that I didn’t help you much with your report. I actually took a couple of pictures and got a recipe for gallo pinto but forgot to send it last week. Way to follow the family tradition of procrastinating!
Connor and Collin, hey broskis. I’m glad to hear that volleyball is going well. Just don’t let it control your life and have FUN! Also, remember that the most important thing in life is winning the state championship of high school volleyball. Haha
Ava I LOVE YOU!!!!!
So...what’s happened this week? Well, lots of things. On Tuesday we had a training meeting with president and some older missionaries and I learned A TON. It was sweet too because I got to see some of my mission buddies from the MTC.
Right now we’re teaching a woman named Marcia and she is honestly one of the most loving people I know. They hardly have anything, and she has been through so many trials with her family but she is still so happy. She always offers us food that they don’t have much of and has so much faith. I’ve learned a lot about the Spirit this week and part of it is because of an experiment we had with her. It truly is amazing how the Spirit can give us very specific direction. She had doubts about being baptized in two weeks and we weren’t quite sure why. I felt impressed to ask her about if she was concerned about who would be there (something simple that you usually wouldn’t think of), and that was her concern. She explained to us that she has had a couple of experiences where she has prayed and felt like she was just filled with a pure love and felt like crying but was confused because she wasn’t sad. It truly strengthened my testimony of baptism and was a blessing to see how she received her testimony that she should be baptized.
Saturday night we were a little bummed because we weren’t going to have many investigators at church. A couple of the families that we have been teaching have had difficulties and it seriously is so hard to see someone that needs the gospel so much but they fall to the temptations of the devil. Yesterday when we showed up though there were new investigators at church and even un hombre named Jorge that was going to be baptized but had to leave Masaya. That was a huge testimony to me that the Lord is the person that directs our lives and missionary work, and that we just have to submit our will to His.
I don’t even know if I’m explaining myself that well in this letter, but anyways, my testimony is growing so much every week and I’m so happy to be here on the mission. There is so much joy that comes from bringing people to Christ and seeing their wounds be healed.
For the random stories…there are always like 8 billion kids running around in Hermana Marcia’s house and they always attack us when we come (physically and with questions). I got tired of them asking what my first name was so I told them that my name is Chuck Norris. Now whenever they see me they all scream Chook Noris!
I don’t know why it happens, maybe a gringo walked around with a big sack of candy before just giving it out to everyone, but all the little kids just run around in the street here playing. Whenever they see us they scream ELDER DE ME DULCES!!!!!!! (GIVE ME CANDY). When I told them I didn’t have candy they resorted to DE ME UN PESO!!!!!  Thinking quickly I said, ?de me un beso? (give me a kiss?!). EWWWW!  They all ran away dying with laughter.
Anyways...I love being here and I’m so happy. I’m glad to hear that you’re all doing well. I know that this is the restored church and that we are blessed so much. We really do take for granted how many blessings we have so I challenge all of you to pray tonight and just thank Heavenly Father for everything.

I love you all so much and SEAN FELIZES!!! (BE HAPPY!)

Love,

Elder Trevor Ward


PS: Still no b-day package, but I got the valentines one and one from grandma and grandpa Ward from Christmas. Thanks it made my day!

Also, I just realized that I never write anyone but you mom and dad, so apologize for me...one of these days I’ll sit down and write people back!



Me and my zone at Papa John's


No comments:

Post a Comment