Monday, March 28, 2011

I love this work!

Querido Familia Barrio (Ward),

WOAHHH...do I have a lot to tell you guys. This week has been super good! Seriously I love being a missionary. On Tuesday we had an ¨emergency meeting¨ with the whole zone and they announced that Elder Rodriguez (yep, my comp) had emergency changes. It was pretty much a huge bummer. He even cried a little bit and I felt like I wanted to just because everything was going well and he was just starting to really love the people here. Anyways, he’s a zone leader in Managua now helping a zone that is really suffering as far as baptisms go. He’s an awesome missionary so I know that it’s where the Lord wants him to be.

Sooo...that left me with making sure that everything went well with the baptisms over the weekend. Elder Rodriguez really didn’t say goodbye to anyone and so it was pretty hard to tell them all that he had left. Marcia and Abril even cried and were so bummed because they really wanted him to be here. Nevertheless, I have a new companion named Elder Lopez from Honduras and he’s a pretty cool guy. He has about a week left in the mission so in mission terms I’m going ¨to kill him¨.  It’s sweet though because he was a zone leader just before this and is teaching me a lot.

This week’s been a little tough because we had so much to do and Elder Lopez is still learning all of what’s going on. He also told me that the President Monastel wants young leaders in the mission and that he’s mostly here to train me to be a district leader. CRAZY. But I have faith that the Lord will strengthen and help me if I do happen to ever become district leader.

This weekend was such a happy one. All the baptisms went really well and each one was so special. It was kind of crazy though because at 7 we had planned for Jorge and Marging to be baptized. Jorge got there at 7 sharp but Marging was nowhere to be found. He hadn’t shown up for about 20 min so Elder Lopez and I looked at each other and then at the two bikes that were sitting in front of the chapel and rode faster than Lance Armstrong on speed to where Marging lives about 2 or 3 miles away. I was praying so hard that he had just forgotten and that he still wanted to be baptized. We got there and he came back with us and everything worked out great.

In total, our zone baptized 38 people this month which broke the record that the Masaya zone had before. I know that the Lord performs miracles when we have faith in Him, are obedient to his commandments, and do all that we can to do His will.

In summary, I am so grateful that I’m a missionary and I love this work. It can be super tough and stressful sometimes but there is no greater joy than seeing people change their lives and come unto Christ.

Love you guys a ton and be good!

Love,

Elder Trevor Ward

PS: Connor and Collin don’t let volleyball get you down ever, just enjoy it and play your best all the time. I learned a lot there that helps me on the mission so just learn from your mistakes, have fun with your buds, and remember winning really isn’t everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment