Monday, April 4, 2011

Awesome Conference!

Lenin says "hi", and I do to!

Haha, Lenin is a guy that works here in the stake center and standing over my shoulder. Anyways...random. Mannn how awesome was this week? I guess I’ll start out by talking about the conference. General Conference is awesome at home but it’s about 91276 times better on the mission. We basically invited EVERYONE we talked to to come to conference...even if they wanted nothing to do with us.  It was like..."Oh wait I know you want to punch me in the face, but you should go to conference to here the voice of God`s living prophet.” Elder Lopez taught me something pretty sweet this week. It’s called bus contacting, and it’s exactly what it sounds like. You are getting up in front of a bus full of 40 people, proclaiming the gospel, peeing your pants a little, giving pamphlets to those that are interested and writing down their directions. It was a pretty crazy experience but it really strengthened my testimony of living prophets as we testified of them.
The Lord continues to bless us so much in this area. Our goal in the mission is to have 5 progressing families to teach, which is a goal that requires lots of faith. This week we found some awesome families and I know that the Lord will guide us by His Spirit, along with guiding them to enter the waters of baptism. To answer your question, yes I did get to watch every session of conference. Our Zone Leader, Elder Montierth from Arizona, happened to find a store that sells "Arizona" canned drinks, Pringles, chunky salsa, and Tostito potato chips. Conference isn’t quite complete without that kind of stuff. Honestly, I couldn’t say what talk was my favorite of all of them. I loved all of them so much and I felt the Spirit so strongly. We were blessed to have lots of investigators and I got so excited when someone said something that our investigators needed to hear. One thing that I got from conference is that it seems like the topic of family was brought up a lot. The family is SO SO SO important and there is so much joy in knowing that through the Savior’s Atonement we will all live together again. My advice to you guys would be to read over the talks and ask Heavenly Father for revelation of how you can change your lives to become more like our Savior. Also, after a weekend like that, after realizing all the blessings and joy that we have from the gospel, how can we not share it with someone else? I can’t remember who it was, but an apostle mentioned that we can’t do the work alone. Family, if you truly want to be happy, invite someone to our house for a Family Home Evening with the missionaries or something like that. I promise that the Lord will help you find someone and bless with you with the knowledge of how to help them to come unto Christ.
Well the next letter is gonna be crazy! I’ll have a new companion, maybe new responsibilities, maybe even a new area, who knows...but come what may because in His strength I can do all things. (Alma 26:12) I love you guys so much and it’s so good to hear from you. I always laugh when I hear the stories about Ava. Also, hang in their with v ball...sometimes I miss volleyball, but don’t miss Highland Volleyball so much. Just wait till you get to your missions bros, it’s MUCH better!

Con amor,

Elder Trevor Ward



No comments:

Post a Comment