Monday, April 25, 2011

It's a small, small world

Dearest familia,

HEYYY!!!!!!!! Unfortunately I have to make this kinda quick because we’re celebrating one of the sister´s birthdays. It was good to hear from you again like always!  I’m glad to hear that Easter went well over there in good ol’ America, jealous that you guys broke out the volleyball net, and stoked that you guys are reading the scriptures every day! Seriously, that is so nuts that Elder Galan is Travis´s companion!!! He is from the stake that I’m in right now and was the stake secretary.  I even did divisions [splits] with him for part of a day once and I had told him that one of my best friends was in Argentina and that he loves it. Hahaha!  That is sooo crazy! Small, small world. (Background: Travis Hatch, one of Trevor's best friends, is serving in Argentina.  His new companion, Elder Galan, is from Nicaragua and served the beginning of his mission there while waiting for his visa for Argentina.  When Elder Galan arrived in Argentina Elder Hatch told him that his good friend, Trevor Ward, is serving in Nicaragua.  Elder Galan had met Trevor and knew him.) 

Easter is a little bit different here in Nicaragua.  They celebrate ¨La Semana Santa¨and basically have a whole week long holiday. They have huge parades in the streets and everyone in the whole world goes to the beach. More importantly though, this week I feel like I’ve come to know my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, even more. This week we were excited because the familia Vegas was getting baptized (my Nica grandparents). Ahh...sorry, I’ve been going in and out of the room and now don’t have time to write the whole story.  But long story short...this week was tough! But I learned something important that there is always hope because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The baptism was awesome this week and gosh this is so lame but I have to go because they’re kicking us out of the room where we write.

I love you all though and I’m sorry this letter sucks! I’ll write you a better one really soon!  Keep praying for me because I just got two more elders in my district and I’m gonna need some extra help from above. Love you!

Love,
Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment