Monday, April 11, 2011

FEELING THE WEIGHT!

April 11, 2011
HOY CHELES!

Man it’s so good to hear from you guys! I know that I always say that, but sometimes Mondays are the only days I have to remember that I have a family at home that loves me. It sounds like everyone is doing well at home. Haha, dad thanks for the words from Ava’s prayer and conversation. I love that little girl. Aubrey nice job with your report and that’s AWESOME that you’re reading the BOM. Collin that’s sweet that you’re working hard in your quorum and with the nonmembers. That’s the most important thing that you could be doing right now.  It sounds like v-ball is going a little rough. Just enjoy it, have fun with your friends, and always give it all you’ve got. Mom, I imagine that the way the taxes turned out was just another one of the many blessings the Lord promises the faithful. 
Speaking of giving it all you’ve got...this week has been one of the craziest weeks of my life. We had changes and I was called to be the district leader and got a new companion. His name is Elder Garcia and he’s a missionary from Costa Rica but was born and raised mostly in Nicaragua. He only has about 3 and a half months in the mission, (which barely makes me the senior companion), but he’s an awesome missionary!  I really have felt the weight of all the responsibility this week and there have been moments where I’ve felt so inadequate. I’m grateful though because I’ve been learning so much more trust in the Lord. For example, we had changes on Wed and I had to do my first baptismal interview on Thursday night. I’m really starting to learn what being led by the Spirit means. After a super hard day this week, I was kind of bummed.  I prayed so hard that night, and the next day the Lord used us to perform miracles. We put 5 baptismal dates on the calendar, contacted 56 people, found new investigators, and taught by the Spirit. 
I know that in our lives we have tough days, but if we pray with all of our might and offer Him all that we have, the Lord will bless us so much. One last little miracle...we were praying and fasting yesterday so that we could baptize two families this month. Only one had shown up to church which meant that we wouldn’t reach our goal. The familia Vegas (AKA our grandparents because they are super old but super awesome) rolled into the church just in time for the closing prayer of sacrament meeting. It was pretty crazy! 
Thanks so much for your prayers because I can feel those blessings every day. Continue to pray for my companion and I because we’re really relying on the Lord a LOT lately. I love you guys a ton and just know that I’m so happy! You guys are the best ever!

Love,

Elder Ward

PS: Mom, I haven’t talked to my bro D Lamb (Dylan) for like 4 months and I want to see how he’s doing! Please do all that you can to get his e-mail for me! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment