Monday, May 23, 2011

All you need is LOVE

Hello lovlies,

Man it sounds like quite a lot is going on over there in good ol AZ! It’s crazy how much things have changed in the short time that I’ve been gone. I’m glad to hear that you guys are happy though and that everyone is involved in good things.

I’m sitting hear thinking about what went on this week, and I definitely learned a lot. Here it comes.

To be honest, Monday I was just being pretty lame, feeling a little distraught because I didn’t have changes. Tuesday I went to work with Elder Diamond in his area on divisions. By the way, I don’t think I mentioned this but it started raining here. And when it rains...it RAINS. On Tuesday it just dumped rain, enough to be soaked for the day. It was pretty awesome though. Good thing I got me them batman boots. Anyways, Elder Tax and Elder Diamond have a BUNCH of people that they are teaching and I went to go interview a family of 5 they’ve prepared for baptism. It was such a spiritual experience and was amazing because I felt so much love for them even though I had just met them. They were SO excited to get baptized and their testimonies are so strong.

I asked Elder Diamond what he was doing to have so much success. He said, "We just love the people". I realized that sometimes were so focused on numbers, what other people think, and our own personal desires, that we forget to serve how the Savior did, and with the purpose that he had. Love.

We did divisions for a little bit on Thursday night so that one of the APs could interview our two baptism possibilities. Little did I know that the mission president was working with our Zone Leader and wanted to meet some of the people that would be baptized this weekend. He went to go meet Donald and Freddy, which I didn’t even know about. We had planned to meet at an investigator’s house at 8:30, and when I showed up the president, our ZL, the AP, and my companion were all sitting there teaching our investigators. NUTS! It was pretty cool though and it was a powerful lesson.

Saturday was such an awesome day. I would send pictures but I don’t have my camera cord right now because I let someone borrow it. Pics will be comin soon though. The other elders baptized their family of 5 and we baptized the 2 brothers. I thought about my bros too because Marging (our recent convert that got baptized about 2 months ago and Donald and Freddy’s older brother) baptized his two younger brothers. It was awesome to see how they were examples for one another and how much they love each other. Connor and Collin, love you guys =).

Freddy & Donald Baptized by their brother Marging/Elder Diamond and family that was baptized
Anywaysss...that’s pretty much what’s been goin on. Oh yeah, today we actually cleaned our house (like the way mom would clean it and not a missionary). Mom’s going to kill me for hearing about this, but I had a box with some left over Christmas candy and stuff in it so I took it outside and realized that some ants had made a HUGE nest in it with eggs and the whole deal. It was pretty cool. We played "stomp the ants" (kind of like whack-a-mole) for about 15 minutes. Guess that’s one thing I still gotta learn...cleaning.

Love you guys a whole bunch and have fun finishing school and stuff!

Love,

Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment