Monday, May 16, 2011

Another super busy but awesome week!

Hey family!

Sounds like you guys had another awesome week! It’s crazy that school is ending and all that good stuff. It’s also crazy that everyone is getting married, going on missions, and growing up. Also, it’s probably a miracle that you’re going to the gym dad. Speaking of staying in shape, I think I’m starting to gain some weight from all these rice and beans. Oh well, not trying to impress any of the women here...

Enrique and Vilma's baptism
This week was another super busy one, but in the end it was awesome. We baptized Vilma and Enrique on Saturday and it was so awesome. I love that family so much and it’s amazing to see how much joy the gospel brings to their lives even though they are going through so many trials. They’re already excited to go to the temple in a year! But the baptism and the wedding was awesome. About 50 people showed up from the ward and we had food and everything.

Welp...the zone leaders just announced the changes a little while ago and its looks like I’m going to be here in Masaya for another transfer. To be honest, I’m kind of a little bummed. It’s not very often that a missionary is an area longer than 6 months. I felt like I had done what I needed to here, but apparently the Lord has more work for me here. I’m going to suck it up and keep working though because, like you say Mom, I know the Lord wants me to be here.

We’re going to have two more baptisms this weekend so we’re pretty stoked about that. They’re 2 brothers of a recent convert (Donald and Freddy) and they’re super awesome! We had interviews with President this week and he’s happy with what we’re doing in this zone and stuff. I’m learning a lot about what it takes to be a good leader too.

It was pretty awesome because we brought 4 investigators to church this week and the other elders brought 21! It was pretty nuts. Our gospel principles class was overflowing! Anyways, keep praying for me because I think this transfer is going to be another growing opportunity. Also, mom if you could send me the Conference Ensign that would be awesome! Preferably in English! Anyways, love all of you guys and be the very best that you can be!

Love,

Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment