Monday, May 30, 2011

Crazy Week (In a good way)

Whats up family?!

P-day in Granada on Lake Nicaragua
So here I am writing you guys from a cyber in Granada. Its pretty sweet, we got to come hang out with the other zone for p-day today and Granada is super beautiful. One of the pictures I attached is one I took today.

It’s about time that you guys start summer! We’re just getting done with summer over here supposedly. It’s still freakin hot though! But thanks for sending me those pics mom.  It’s so crazy how different everyone looks. Aubrey and Ava are all grown up! Also its weird that Connor just graduated. It really doesn’t seem that long from the day that I graduated. It sounds like you guys are gonna have a way sweet summer too.

This week was definitely a crazy one as far as missionary work goes, but crazy in a good way of course. On Tuesday night I did divisions with Elder Diamond all day and did 14 baptismal interviews. It was seriously so awesome to be able to talk to all those people that were so ready to be baptized. The other elders baptized 10 people on Saturday and we baptized a guy named Rodolfo to complete a family. It was such an awesome experience.  About a month ago, Rodolfo didn’t want anything to do with the church. He was about to get baptized before but couldn’t because he wasn’t married and started drinking heavily again, but through the healing power of the Atonement he changed his life completely. He was so happy this weekend along with their whole family.

The month of May really was a month of miracles and we have big goals for this next month. I’ve spent a lot of time praying and meditating on what we’re going to do to baptize this month and what I’ve felt is that we really need the help of the members. The ward has gotten a lot more excited to do missionary work especially because in all 20 people got baptized this month. It was awesome we didn’t even fit in the church this last Sunday! Anyways, the members are the ones that make all the difference in this work. This week we visited quite a few members, encouraged them to pray for missionary experiences, and to help us find the people that are prepared to accept the gospel. Never forget the responsibility that we have to share the gospel, and that it isn’t just work for full time missionaries. Weekly challenge= pray for missionary experiences this week and give at least one reference to the missionaries.

What else is going on here...I have a sweet ingrown toenail, so we’ll see what I do about that (don’t worry I’ll be ok), anddd...I realized that I have 8 months in the mission already. Time is FLYING! The little kids sang for their moms yesterday on mother’s day. It made me miss you too mom. Today I ate two pineapple pancakes and they were amazing.

Anyways, I love you guys a bunch and just know that I’m happy and pray for us to be able to reach our goal of 8 baptisms this month!

Love,

Elder Ward


Elder Ward & Elder Garcia/Rodolfo's baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment