Monday, July 18, 2011

The Gospel Blesses Families

Querido familia,

Quería escribirles en español entonces vamos a ver si me entienden. Jk.  I’m not gonna write in Spanish. It’s getting to the point though where it’s kind of weird speaking/writing English. I guess that’s good though...

It sounds like the funeral went well and that everyone is doing good. Just so you know Mom, I know that you’ll leave a great legacy for everyone, along with Dad too.

Anyways, HEY! It’s good to hear from you guys. It’s still weird to think that you guys are back in Arizona doing all the normal stuff while I’m watching a sick dog with a massive lump hanging out of its stomach (maybe its intestine?) waddle by the door of the cyber. But I love it.

This week was pretty crazy. Why? Well, we had to move.  That was an adventure, and a bummer considering that I just got settled in. The bummer is that we never even had time to go look at the house that the bishop and his wife found but we trusted that it would be a good house. Turns out that it’s a super tiny room and that it’s way too expensive. The worst part is that the bishop´s wife’s mom decided that she is going to rent the house that we moved from and she said that we can move back in. After moving all the stuff! Awesome! Haha. But whatever. It’s cool.

As far as the work goes this week has been good. I feel like I’m starting to get the hang of everything here. We’re teaching some pretty sweet families right now too. I’m learning a ton with Elder Mejia because he just loves the heck out of these people. There’s so much to learn on the mission and before I thought it was just about working super hard, and I loved the people, but I’m learning to love them even more. It’s amazing to see that the gospel has a solution for every problem. This week, one of our progressing families, Anabel and Milton, had some problems. They aren’t married but it turns out that Milton went off with another woman and that they were pretty much over. With Anabel we talked about how the gospel can better our relationships in our families and forgiveness. With Milton we talked about repentance and the importance of marriage and eternal families. We left both of their houses pretty distraught not knowing what would happen but when we came back they were together and happy again. Honestly, the gospel blesses our families, no matter what our situation is like. They went to church together on Sunday and are getting baptized the 30th along with another family we’re teaching.

What else...the zone is doing well and everyone is excited. There’s a lot of work to be done though. Other things...bad news for the most part. I can’t seem to find my credit card that I brought from home so I don’t know what to do about that and if I could get a new one because I don’t have a way to buy extra stuff if I need to. I looked everywhere and don’t think it’s in Masaya either. Also...my pair of boots is starting to give in and water comes in from the bottom. On my other pair the soles are half way gone and it’s way uncomfortable to walk in them but I think I’ll get em resoled. Anyways...I’ll get it figured out.

Just so you know, since I forgot last week, I fasted and have been praying for my grandmas. Tell them that I said hi and that I love them. Love you guys a bunch and miss you. Take care of yourselves and BE HAPPY!

Love,

Elder Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment