Monday, July 4, 2011

I'm in San Marcos

What’s up fam?

Well, I’ll just say right now that it’s super lame that I’m just writing to an abandoned laptop because I know you guys are all just chillin at the beach right now. I hope that volleyball is going good right now and that the waves are sweet. Ingratos...haha

I forgot that you guys are in summer right now. It sounds like everything is going good. Connor, I laughed pretty hard at your story, just might have to change your door approach for the mission. And just so you know missionary work is a lot more rewarding. I’m glad that Mom and Aubrey had fun at girls camp too.

WELLL...this week has been an eventful one for sure. Tuesday was pretty tough, really tough actually, having to say goodbye to all of my good friends from Masaya. It was bittersweet though because it felt good leaving and knowing that I played a small part in helping the people there come unto Christ. I’ll never forget that place.

AND now...........I’m in SAN MARCOS, ZONA CARAZO, and I love this place already. Your predictions about it being a tough transfer were correct though. It’s going to be a little bit tougher here because I got called to be zone leader. It’ll be a good experience though and I know that the Lord will help me out with everything. But it’s crazy being changed after over 7 months in Masaya. My comps name is Elder Mejia from El Salvador and he’s a freakin stud. He’s one of the best missionaries in the mission and he is a great leader too. I’ve already learned a bunch from him and he really loves the people and the other missionaries. The members here are super awesome too. We live in the Bishop´s house which is way awesome, especially because they have a restaurant in their house and make our food. It’s called Fritanga, basically the best food you can get in Nicaragua. We’ve even got a toilet seat, a shower, and all that good stuff. The members here are awesome too. In just this week we’ve worked with all of the elder´s quorum presidency, the bishop and his wife, another sister, the ward mission leader, and a couple of other people. All in all I’m lovin it, and we are super stoked for the zone and everyone’s excited for this change. We’ve got a goal to baptize 60 people with 18 families as a zone this month so we’ll be working and praying hard. What else, it’s not hot here which is nice, also our area is MASSIVE, so it’ll take me a while to learn my way around.

Anyways, everything is going awesome here. We found a sweet family of 6 the other day along with another that came to church this Sunday. Thanks for your prayers and keep praying for me because this will definitely be a change to learn and grow from.

Oh...and HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!! Enjoy it for me. Ahhh...so trunky for the beach right now haha. Love you guys a bunch and say hi to everyone for me.

Love,

Elder Ward

Just to let you know I got my package and I was super stoked. Thanks for sending that mom

No comments:

Post a Comment