Monday, June 27, 2011

Last P-day in Masaya

Elder Ward at San Juan Del Sur

HEYYY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, we’re going to have to make this a quick one because, unfortunately, today’s been a busy day. We went to a place called San Juan del Sur today which is probably the nicest beach in Nicaragua. WOW!  It was such a temptation to go in the water. What made it worse is that I think the waves they have there are some of the best I’ve ever seen, and yes, there were a bunch of people surfing out there.  It was an awesome last P Day with La Zona Masaya though. I’m FRIED too.  That’s not so awesome.

Anyways, that’s right, I have changes. I don’t even really know what to think. I don’t really know anything else besides Masaya on the mission. I’m excited but I’m REALLY going to miss the people that I met here.  There are a lot of truly amazing people here that have changed my life and I love them as if they were my family. It’s going to be tough saying goodbye to everyone tomorrow but it feels good to leave knowing that I did all the Lord wanted me to do here. Don’t know where I’m going yet but there’s rumors going around that [crazy things could happen].  It will definitely be another adventure. Whatever happens I think the Lord wants me to learn and grow even more. Ire y hare lo que el Señor me mande. [I will go and do what the Lord commands.]

Man!  Now Grandma Peart too?  Well, the Lord tests those that He loves and I know that if I know any two people that have faith in Jesus Christ they’re my grandmothers.  A quick story that might help us to be patient and have faith in these trials.  Remember the familia Chavarria? Well they’re still doing awesome, going to church and all that, but one person in their family isn’t a member. Her name’s Evi and she really doesn’t want much with the church. Her sister, Hna Elizabeth, was telling us one day that she had a brain tumor and that an operation was scheduled and she asked us if we could giver her a blessing. Evi had the faith just to say ¨yes¨, or ¨si¨, and we gave her a blessing. I didn’t think much about it after but this Sunday Hna Elizabeth came running up to me and said IT’S A MIRACLE! Turns out that she went to go have a check up and there was nothing!  The doctors couldn’t explain it but the tumor was just gone. She went to other doctors and they were all amazed.  I don’t know if the Lord will miraculously take away grandmas’ sicknesses but I do know that He lives and that He still performs miracles.

This weekend we baptized Gilma.  It was a sweet day and a sweet way to end my experience in Masaya. I  love you guys so much and good luck with everything that’s going on. Keep praying for me and you know I’ll keep praying for you guys. 
Baptism of Gilma


Love a super whole bunch,

Elder Ward


Waves at San Juan Del Sur.....TEMPTING!
More of San Juan Del Sur


No comments:

Post a Comment