Monday, December 5, 2011

Back in Action!!

Hey hey pajarillos!!!!!!!!

Elder Ward was back in action this week! Mom, don’t worry.  I took all of my antibiotics and kept my sores clean, everything healed up pretty good. Now I just got to get rid of my parasites and the allergies I still have all over my body... I think I’m going to do that today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel kind of lame that I can’t do anything for you guys on your birthdays. I’ve never even sent a package from here or anything but the mail is pretty lame here. But Ava, I love you so much and I can’t believe that you are so big now!!!! I want to see the picture that you drew of me in the jungle. I miss you so much and whenever I show people the pictures of my family they say, "How cute!!!!!!!! Look at her beautiful hair and eyes!" because nobody here has blue eyes or blonde hair. But I love you so much and I can’t wait to call you on Christmas!

So, this week...we had a meeting with all the Zone Leaders and President. It was a super good council and he told us that he only wants us to baptize FAMILIAS! which is pretty cool, because it’s so much more special when you baptize a family, but we have to work our butts off.

To be honest with you, this week has been difficult. That family that I told you about last week had a problem with the members they were living with and moved. The worst was that they would be baptized this week. Another guy named Lenin that we found this week was SUPER positive. He was so happy to hear the message of the Restoration and accepted a date to be baptized but we came back the next day and they said that the owner kicked him out of the house. I’ve learned a couple things from that. One, the most important is that they heard the gospel, and that we may not have the privilege of baptizing them, but we did what the Lord wanted us to. Second, sometimes passing through a trial has much more value for us personally, than having success in our efforts, and the Lord recognizes that much better than we do.

I found a lot of comfort in reading...Alma 8 I think it is, when Alma, a missionary who went from baptizing millions ran into a tough area where they spit on him and rejected his word. The same angel that appeared at the time of his conversion appeared to him and told him to go back...and that’s what the Lord did for me this week. On Saturday night, I let Satan get the best of me. I was just disanimated and tired, and felt like we weren’t having any success. Miraculously, Edwin and Mercedez, who weren’t really progressing, came to church. We went and visited them last night and they’re progressing a ton now. So keep them in your prayers please.

Well, I gotta go because Joey wrote me this week and I’m going to respond back by e mail, but just know that I love you guys a bunch!! Think of this: what are you guys going to give to Jesus Christ this month? I know that Christ is our Savior, and the Prince of Peace, so enjoy that peace this month. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Ward

Mom, yes I bought baptismal pants and like 5 pairs of underwear... And Dad, that’s awesome that you saw my area [on Google Earth]. Our area is actually where the capilla [chapel] is in Zona 8. I’ll try to explain the rest next week. Haha.

Elder Ward and Elder Pace (a friend from AZ)

Elder Ward and Elder Pace serving in the same zone together.

No comments:

Post a Comment