Saturday, December 31, 2011

¡¡¡¡Feliz año nuevo!!!

¡¡¡¡Feliz año nuevo!!!

Thankfully ñ is just another letter on the keyboard here, so it didn’t take me too long to find that. What IS kind of annoying though is that a little red squiggle appears under every word that I write because supposedly I’m spelling these words wrong. Just so you guys know, it was super awesome talking to you guys on Christmas. That 40 minutes went by sooo fast though! Honestly, I really can’t believe how fast the time flies here in the office. I’ve been here for 3 weeks now and it still seems like I just got here. It sounds like you guys are all just kinda chillin and being lazy: the boys doing their classic sit-around-and-do-nothing-but-play-video-games-and-eat marathons, Dad watching football and getting mad because he´s losing on his bowl game picks after spending hours of research, Mom enjoying not having to do all the stuff she always does, and Aubrey and Ava just playing with their friends and their new Christmas toys. The house is probably a mess too... See, look, I’ve been gone for a while but there are a few things I just don’t forget about. :)

Anyways, this week was pretty good. After I talked to you guys we got invited to this guy’s house who works in the U.S. embassy and had a super good Christmas dinner. It was totally weird.  They’re just like a regular American husband and wife, members of the Church and everything. It was pretty sweet but I was missing home a little. I won’t talk too much about the office, just because that’s going to get real boring really fast, but all I’ll say is that I feel like I’m getting the hang of everything and I’m excited to take the reins and go.

Funny story. We went to the post office this week to get all the packages and let’s just say that Santa came late. There were 25 packages and I got all excited thinking one would be mine... None of them were. Oh well haha. What else?...  I can’t say that I had any stand-out spiritual experiences this week but one thing I’m starting to feel is a greater love and appreciation for the work I’m called to. I read President Monson’s talk about the ABC’s and I loved where he talks about attitude. I’ve realized that a good attitude is what makes any situation a better one. I’ve also come to really love the couple hours that I have to get out and work. It makes me just want to talk to absolutely everyone I see and I feel a greater love for the people that I teach. 

Mom, to answer your question, I don’t know if I’d send anything else with Connor. Just send him with enough white shirts. Also...there’s a lot of things you don’t need to send...like hand sanitizer and all that good stuff...most of the things he can buy there. Don’t worry about it too much though.  Missionaries can survive with few things. I can’t tell you how many uses a sheet of notebook paper has.  :) haha. 

Anyways...I hope to have more good stuff to tell you guys next week. We’re going to President’s house for New Year’s Eve and it’s gonna be sweeeeeet! Love you guys a whole bunch and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Elder Ward and Elder Galvan
Elder Rose ?, Elder Ward, and Elder Pace
Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment