Saturday, December 24, 2011

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



P-day at Mombacho Volcano (Elder Call, Elder Ward, Elder Ward, and Elder Rojas)
Hooollaaaaa!

Hey, sorry that I didn’t get to write to you guys earlier in the day, it’s been a pretty crazy day. I’ll make this kinda short just because I’ll be able to talk to you all tomorrow, but I’m glad to hear that everyone’s week went well. Haha to be honest with you it does make me a little jealous that you guys had a huge volleyball tournament, and dad I honestly don’t know how quickly I’ll be able to get back into shape for that. I might just have to go get a couple of ingrown toenails removed, get a little more well nourished, get rid of some parasites, and learn how to jump again. The good thing is that I don’t have to worry too much about that right now. Well, I imagine that you guys are in the middle of reading Luke 2 with the family or something. If for whatever reason you guys get this e-mail right now with the family (maybe on dads fancy new iPad or something) tell everyone I said hi and FELIZ NAVIDAD!

Just a couple of quick things....this week was probably different than any other week that I’ve had in the mission. Monday was a SUPER busy day because we had to go and get everything ready for the Christmas conference that we were having on Tuesday and Wednesday. I’m learning that, unfortunately, there will be some days where we don’t even get out to the field. Monday involved going to get the gifts from the mission for the missionaries, gifts that President wanted to give to his counselors and stake presidents of the mission, buying EVERYTHING for the activities and a whole bunch more things. We ended up getting to bed at about 1:00 am. Tuesday we woke up and went to McDonald´s early in the morning. I think we made the biggest order that they’ve had all year…95 Sausage McMuffin combo meals two days in a row.....that’s a lot of McDonalds. The conference was way awesome though. President and his wife were also celebrating their anniversary so all the zones brought gifts or had presentations for them. One zone even had a Mariachi band come which was pretty hilarious. Tuesday night we filled up 1,000 water balloons and got to bed pretty late again. All in all, it was a LOT of work but its was cool to be able to see all the missionaries having a ton of fun, especially knowing that we had done so much to get it organized. Ahhhh…I dunno…I still have mixed feelings about being here (in the office). I’m trying so hard to have a good attitude about it...it’s just a bummer because we’ve only gotten out to work in our area for like 2 days this week. I’m sure I will come to understand why the Lord has me here pretty soon.

I won’t say much more but today was a pretty awesome 24th. We went to this volcano called Mombacho and did this super crazy hike around the craters of the volcano. Also, I think the greatest Christmas gift that I could’ve received this year was being able to go to Edwin and Mercedes´ baptism just a couple of hours ago. It was pretty cool, Elder Leiva called me after they passed their baptismal interview and they said that they wanted me to come to their baptism and baptize them. I asked for special permission from President and he said that it was ok. They were so happy and it really got me thinking about the true meaning of Christmas....and that the meaning is in the name itself (more Christ). Let’s put aside the presents, the tree, the candy cane, all the goodies, the reindeer, the Christmas movies, the warm fireplace, the stockings, the songs....you name it....Christmas is all about our brother and Savior, Jesus Christ. How great was the event of his birth almost 2012 years ago. It was such a great event that is the median of time...when we started counting the years, and there’s something special about that. One thing that Edwin said when I asked them if they were ready for Christmas is, “this year will be a lot better than the last because it will be one that is centered more on Christ.” Christ gives us a point to live, a reason to be truly happy, especially this time of year. I know that He is our Savior and that He lives. Remember that this Christmas. Edwin and Mercedes both gave powerful testimonies after. Well I’ll just leave it at that...because I’LL TALK TO YOU TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think what were gonna do is I’m going to have you guys call me at the office phone at around 5:00 pm my time, or 3pm your time (I think).  If for whatever reason you haven’t called by that time, I’ll just call you...and yes, it’s still 40 min. haha. I’m super excited to talk to you guys though and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Elder Ward

Edwin and Mercedes Baptism on Dec 24th


The Office Crew


No comments:

Post a Comment