Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Book of Mormon Saves the Day

Hey family!

Well this is going to be a pretty quick letter because we have a baptism that starts in one hour. Yes, it’s pretty much a miracle baptism. We are teaching this 71 year old lady named Josefa who loves coming to church with her daughter. The first time we taught her she said that she didn’t want to get baptized because she had already been baptized in another church. We simply invited her to pray and ask if this was the true church. After talking to you guys on Sunday, we met with her and she said that she had a dream that she was in that church and that she just felt peace. The Lord truly answers prayers.

Remember how I told you guys about that little 5 year old girl, Francela, that has lung cancer and we went and gave her a blessing in the hospital? This week a psychiatrist came and told her about a duck that had so much pain in her life that he asked God if he would take his pain away. God did that by letting him die and go to heaven. Basically, they were preparing her mentally to die from her cancer. Afterwards, she told her mom, “Mom, I’m not like that duck. Even though I have a lot of pain, I’m going to keep fighting. It turns out that she is out of the hospital now and that she will make a full recovery. I know that if we have faith in Christ, he truly can perform miracles...I’m grateful that I was able to witness that.

I don’t remember if I’ve told you guys much about Juan and Mirna, but they’re getting married and baptized next week and we’re super stoked! It’s amazing to see how drastically people change from living the gospel. Before, Juan would go off for days and even weeks drinking. Now, he’s always smiling and super excited for his wedding and baptism.

This week has been super tough with the members. One of our solid families was really shaken up because some members tried to SELL them food from the Bishop Storehouse...(they’re trying to start the 2nd apostasy basically) But anyways, we told them to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. Well, they did, and once again the Book of Mormon saves the day! I love that book and it truly is the keystone of our religion.

Other little things...we have to move because the owners are kicking us out of our house. I feel like I’m growing up way too fast looking at houses online, calling real estate agents to ask about prices, blah blah blah blah....anyways, next week is gonna be busy! :) Played volleyball this morning...still can’t jump. President Monestel invited us over to have lunch with his family and it was awesome to spend time with them. My old comp, Elder Mejia, came back to Nicaragua for a visit and I got to see him for a bit. It was pretty awesome and it made me stoked to finish the mission strong and move on to the big tests of life.

Alright, there is a lot more to write about but I gotta go. Love you guys a bunch!

Love,
Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment