Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Holy Ghost Testifies the Truth of All Things


Dear Family,

Hey! Haha Mom, I liked your story about the whole being sealed to a Ward thing. When people really struggle with my name here I just tell them to call me "Elder Barrio", which they think is a strange name, but it’s a lot easier to pronounce. I’m so glad to hear that you guys are busy with lots of good things.

This week was a very busy one. Honestly, I’m so grateful for the time that I’ve got to spend in the office. One, because I have grown so much spiritually and have had the opportunity to help lots of families come unto Christ. And two….you guys know that ever since elementary school if I have a lot of things to do I stress out big time.  Well, I feel like the Lord has helped me to change that. This week I had about a million things to do: prepare a marriage and a baptism, look for a new house, help other elders look for new houses for new areas that we’re opening up, pay the hospital, etc.  I’ve learned that the Lord really takes interest in our lives and I’ve come to understand that, "The Holy Ghost testifies of the truth of all things". Whether we realize it or not, if we’re living righteously and pray for the Lord’s guidance, He gives us that help in even our little every day affairs. A lot of times they’re just little ideas that pop into our heads. It truly is a blessing to have the Spirit to guide us.

I think I went and saw about 15 houses this week and unfortunately none of them really worked out. The good thing is that I talked to the owner of our house and we have until June 15th to move out now. Just gotta keep looking! President said something interesting to me the other night, "Well, Elder, you might have already thought of this, but have you been praying to find a house?" He assured me that if I was doing that we’d find one. Today we are going to baptize Juan and Mirna along with 3 of their nephews that live with them. They are seriously such an amazing family and it’s cool to see how much they’ve changed.

Also, I don’t know if you guys remember me talking about Henry and Maricela, but they’ve been going to church for a while and have just been waiting on some papers to get married and baptized. Well they’re done waiting and they’ve got a date for this next Saturday! The Lord is seriously so merciful with us.

I got a call yesterday from my friend Franklin telling me that the little girl that we gave a blessing to in the hospital, Francela, passed away. I was pretty sad at first but the Spirit affirmed that she was with her Father and wasn’t suffering anymore. Knowing the faith that she had, I’m positive that she will have eternal life. The Plan of Salvation really is amazing and I’m so thankful that our Savior made it all possible through the Atonement.

Mom, to answer your questions...I’ve been thinking about what I’m going to do after the mission (I don’t like to but I guess I kinda have to) and I’m not totally sure what I’m going to do yet, but I think I might move up to Utah before winter semester starts to maybe take block classes and maybe find a job. I’m not sure if there will be much for me to do in Arizona. It might be tough to find someone to live with though if I did that. Give me more time to think about that. And with the whole flight thing…I’d like to stay till Saturday, but if it’s going to cost a ton more don’t worry too much.

Anyways, I love you guys a bunch and "Put your shoulder to the wheel" on the trek. It’s gonna be sweet for you guys!

Love,

Elder Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment