Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Gospel Heals Broken Families

Hola,

Man...Newport Beach, beach volleyball, spending time with family, sitting in the hot tub till your ears shrink...there’s almost nothing better than that...besides being a missionary in Nicaragua!!!!!! Dude….I don’t know what the deal is but there are so many people here that are ready to hear the gospel and be baptized. Remember Henry and Stacy and their family? Well, them two and four of their kids: Henry, Stacy, Stefanie, and Margeli, are getting baptized today. I think I say this every time but I love that family so much. This week they were explaining about how their family has changed since we started visiting them and it made me so happy! I’ll let you guys know how things go with the baptism.

Honestly, I’m happy about being in the office still. You can’t really complain when the Lord continues to pour out blessings. On Monday in our meeting with President one of the new secretaries, Elder Escobar from Guatemala, says "I’m just getting used to being in the office". When it came to my report I said, "I’m just getting in the office". President and his wife laughed and asked, "Elder, did you hope to have changes?" I told him that I was thinking that there was a possibility. He told me that in his manual for mission presidents that he was allowed to leave me here for 8 months…haha. One thing that really got me though is he thanked me for my work and told me that I was still here because I’m doing a good job.

Another miracle...we’re teaching a family named Cesar and Judith. They’ve had some problems in their relationship and apparently on Sunday morning had a pretty bad fight. Well, Cesar took off in the morning and Judith started getting ready for church. One of Judith’s friends who is a member passed by for her and they went to church. To her surprise, and ours, that’s where she found Cesar as well. They didn’t talk to or sit by each other in church but they ended up resolving everything after church. Before Judith swore that she’d never get married to him, but I think that she realized that the Lord wants her to keep that commandment because she agreed getting married to him. Awesome! It’s pretty sweet how the gospel can heal broken families.

Anyways, gotta go. There’s no water in the church for our baptism, so we’ll have to see how we solve this problem. I wonder if the fire department has ever gotten a call from the Mormons asking them to come fill up a baptismal font...Love you guys a bunch and be good!

Love,

Elder Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment