Saturday, June 23, 2012

Much More That We Can Do

Dear family,

WOO HOO for Connor! That’s super awesome that he’s finally going to get to New Zealand. He is going to do awesome things there and I know that he will love the people there. Hey, I know exactly how we could make it up to Connor for not taking him with us to the church history sites...going to get him from New Zealand! haha You guys have become quite the travelers. It seems like you’re in a new place or talking about a new trip every time we write. And Collin, happy birthday dude! What the heck you’re like 17 already huh? That’s weird.

This week....well I had always heard of audits before the mission and how everyone despised them, but I never really understood why...until I had one this Wednesday. JK, it wasn’t that bad. I learned a lot and also a lot of things that I need to improve. It’s interesting that through the course of our lives there are many moments where we have to give accountability for our work and our actions. It was interesting because I thought...eh, I’ll pass with flying colors. I’ve got this financial secretary thing down already. I was pretty humbled, as we are many times when we think we’re doing all that the Lord asks when in reality there is much more we can be doing.

Well, unfortunately Henry and Maricela had their baptismal date moved to next week because Henry stopped drinking, BUT Elder Rose discovered in the interview that one day this week, out of the blue, he decided to smoke (and he doesn’t even smoke)...But we’re working hard to help them understand true repentance and true conversion. Can’t remember if I said this last week, but Cesar has stopped smoking and they’re really excited to get baptized. We also met this really awesome family this week that are SUPER evangelical but are very interested in the church. It was interesting because the wife said that they had a lot of problems in their relationship and that she felt like their church wasn’t helping them to fix it. We read "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" and they loved it....I’m pretty positive that no other church truly blesses families like ours does.

Today we went to Xiloa with President and his family to have a barbecue and play around. We played ultimate Frisbee together and celebrated Father´s Day for President. This may sound kinda crazy...but after seeing families get married, talking about the importance of families, being around happy families all the time...I’m starting to realize how awesome being married and having a family is and I’m stoked for it.

Well, not much more to write about. Hopefully there will be more exciting news next week.

Love,

Trevor getting killed by Andre Castro
Elder Santana and Elder Ward
Elder Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment